Portions of this event will be broadcast later on the Mike Malloy Show on Air America. Mike will be discussing the upcoming forum this coming Friday evening.
The Progressive Caucus of the California Democratic Party Presents: Impeachment: Dialogue, Debate & Action
WHAT: "As California goes, so goes the nation." With growing numbers of Americans calling for the impeachment of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, our state is presented with an historic opportunity to lead the charge. Recognizing the importance of this discussion, the Progressive Caucus of the California Democratic Party and its co-sponsors are pleased to host the forum "Impeachment: Dialogue, Debate, and Action." This forum will reveal surprising legal precedents regarding state initiated impeachment proceedings and present current strategies and efforts taking place in California and across the country.
WHEN: Saturday, April 29 at 8:30 PM
WHERE: The Crest Theater, 1013 K Street, Sacramento, CA
WHO: Scheduled to appear on the panel are:
• Representative Maxine Waters
• Shayana Kadidal, lead attorney, Center for Constitutional Rights, and co-author, Articles of Impeachment Against George W. Bush
• Elizabeth de la Vega, former lead prosecutor, San Jose and author of an upcoming book on impeachment
• Bob Fertik, President, Democrats.com & co-founder afterdowningstreet.org
• Mike Malloy, syndicated host of AirAmerica Radio, will moderate
• Opening statement by Tim Goodrich, founder, Iraq Veterans Against the War.
Tickets: $10 donation. You may preorder tickets through at the Crest Theater box office, (916) 442-7378 or at tickets.com.
President George W. Bush and Vice President Richard Cheney have illegally seized powers that belong to the legislative branch, broken U.S. laws by spying on American citizens without court approval and international laws by allowing the torture of war prisoners. The Progressive Caucus asserts that the President and Vice President have committed the following offenses:
• Intentionally misleading Congress and the public regarding the threat from Iraq in order to justify the war, violating the federal anti-conspiracy statute and the False Statements Accountability Act.
• Ordering the National Security Agency to conduct electronic surveillance of American citizens without seeking warrants from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review, as required by law.
• Torturing of war prisoners, violating the "Federal Torture Act" Title 18 United States Code, Section 113C and the UN Torture Convention and the Geneva Convention, which are U.S. law under Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.
• Ordering indefinite detention without access to legal counsel, without charge, and without the opportunity to appear before a civil judicial officer to challenge the detention, all in violation of U.S. law and the Bill of Rights.
These offenses will be discussed at the forum, along with a strategy to bring impeachment charges through state rather than federal channels.
Please join us for this very significant event at 8:30 PM, Saturday, April 29, 2006 at the Crest Theater, 1013 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. Tickets can be purchased at the Crest Theater box office starting Tuesday, April 18, 2006. Suggested donation is $10, no one will be turned away for lack of funds. This event is co-sponsored by ImpeachPac.org, AM 1320 Progressive Radio, Sacramento, Winograd-for-Congress, and CA 42nd Assembly District, and supported by Criscenzo campaign, CA 61st Assembly District and Divas For Democracy. For more information or media inquiries about this event, please contact Joye Swan, PhD (818) 445-6565 or email@example.com
42nd Assembly District, CA
61th Assembly District, CA
AM1320 Progressive Radio, Sacramento
Joye Swan, PhD
Progressive Caucus, California Democratic Party
Phone: (818) 445-6565
Fax: (818) 760-7764
_________________Deutsch Englisch FranzösischBaby Forum